You may have a staff of great veterinarians and assistants, but in order to draw in new clients, you need to promote your business. Without taking the time to promote your veterinary office through things like a veterinary website and a veterinary marketing plan, you will have a hard time making sure that people know that you exist.
- Provide accurate information: Pets are cherished by their owners, which means that before choosing a veterinarian, most pet owners do their research to find the best possible match for their best friend. One thing that you can do to show your value is provide useful and accurate information that will tell people upfront what services you offer and why they should choose you.
- Feature pets: Feature pets who you have treated! Build profiles of some of the pets and allow potential clients to take a look at your clientele. They may see that you have treated pets with similar conditions, or that you simply have a good track record with the cases you take on. Presenting people with these types of case studies also brings in a personal element. People do not want a veterinarian who is all business, they want a veterinarian that will care about their pets and who shows that they have a true love for animals. Incorporating personal elements like case studies and pictures of the veterinarians into a veterinary marketing plan will pull at people’s heart strings and they will have a hard time saying no!
- Offer promotions: Promotions are a great way to draw in new customers. Offer new client specials, like 10% off an annual exam, a free fecal test, free nail clipping, free teeth brushing, or a free bath! While this may not be enough to make someone trust you with their pet, it will at least peak their interest and they can do further research on their own.
- Build a great website: A great veterinary website will do wonders for your business. This is a place to show people why they should choose you over other veterinarians. There are some crucial things to consider when planning out your website.
- The first thing to think about is how to quickly grab people’s attention to keep them on your website. Statistics show that on average people leave a website within a couple seconds unless you can grab their attention! For veterinary websites, this may be done with a funny animal photo, catchy tag line, or other powerful front page item.
- The second thing you will want to do is clearly show why you are qualified. Have you won awards? What are your credentials? This is important to people when choosing a vet.
- Third, you want to provide details on the services you offer. Do you specialize in anything specific? Are their certain services that you do not offer? This is something you will want to clearly communicate.
- Finally, you will want to tell stories. You can do this in many ways, but providing stories of past pets you’ve treated and featuring patients on your website will help people see how much you care about animals.
To learn more about ways to improve your veterinary marketing plan, contact Veterinary Marketing Guru’s.