As the population of the United States continues to grow, finding jobs for everyone is becoming more and more difficult. This is especially true for recent college graduates, many of whom are having an incredibly tough time finding meaningful work. Fortunately, the economy has begun to rebound, which means that more and more jobs are being created each and everyday. One area that many people don’t often think about as a viable career choice, although they should, is commercial construction. Here are the top ten reasons to enter the field of commercial construction.
1. It’s growing. As the economy has rebounded, the number of companies looking to commercial contractors has grown. This means there is now a demand for new workers in the industry. In other words, there are jobs in the commercial construction field.
2. Internal growth. Commercial construction companies are one of the companies out there that still value hard work and dedication. Over time, it is easy to rise up the ranks and begin earning more money.
3. Stability. As long as there are still societies on the planet, there will be the construction industry. This means that there is stability in the field; your job isn’t going anywhere.
4. Opportunity. With the right education and experience, it is easy to step right into a management role with many construction companies. This means that you would be able to make more money right out of school than with many other industries.
5. Work with your hands. Construction workers get to stay in shape by constantly working with their hands. In general, people who do manual labor have higher life satisfaction than those that sit at desks. Even if you step into a managerial role for a construction company, you will still be walking up stairs and on your feet for a large part of the day. This lends to happiness.
6. A great place for engineers. If you got your degree in one of the many types of engineering, working for a commercial construction company is one of the best ways to use your degree.
7. Numerous companies. There are numerous commercial construction companies out there, which means you have a greater chance of being hired by one of them than in many other industries with fewer options.
8. Variety of jobs. There are a large number of different jobs with commercial construction companies. Commercial roofing is an option, as is electrical work, civic engineering, and more.
9. Design. With many commercial construction companies, there are jobs where you actually design the project. This means being able to sit down with the individual or organization that wants something built, and being able to design it with them.
10. Satisfaction. One of the best things about working with a commercial construction company is that you get to see the results of your work quickly. When you work with such a company, you will be able to see a project through from start to finish. This means that at the end of each project, you’ll actually be done with it. You’ll have built a building, designed a bridge, or something else. It will leave you feeling incredibly satisfied.