The problem that most homeowners have when they need to hire a roofer is they can’t tell the difference between a good one and a bad one. The truth of the matter is that most homeowners don’t know very much about their roof, so they can’t tell when a company is trying to charge them more than the job should cost or what a quality roof looks like in comparison to the opposite. People simply don’t know enough about roofs to know what to look for in a roofing company. It’s much like when you take your car to the mechanic and they tell you it’s going to cost a thousand dollars to make the repairs. You can ‘t really argue with them because there’s a reason why you had to take your car to the mechanic in the first place: you don’t know what’s wrong with it. When you don’t know what’s wrong, you can’t know what it takes to fix it.
It’s the same for roofing. Thus, in order to make it easier for people to identify a quality roofer when they’re looking, here are five things that they should offer. If they don’t offer everything on this list, then steer clear of them. And if you don’t have time to finish reading, just start out with Academy Roofing Inc. They’re a great company with a strong reputation built on years of hard work.
1. Experience. The first thing your roofer should have is experience. The more they’ve worked in their field and the more roofs they’ve worked on the better. Their experience will give them the knowledge and the expertise that people need to do a job right. If you could choose between a dentist that’s been open for decades and one that just opened yesterday, which one would you choose to start poking around in your mouth? Well, it should be the same with roofers. Go with the people that know what they’re doing, and in most cases that’s going to be the people with the most experience.
2. Strong reputation. Second, make sure the roofer has a strong reputation, both with their past clients and with other roofing and construction companies. The better their reputation the more you can trust them to do quality work.
3. Reliable. Third, you need to find a roofer who is going to be reliable. If they tell you they’ll be there at 7:00am to get started, then they’d better be there, and if they tell you it’s going to cost $4,000, then it should only cost that or less.
4. Committed to quality. Fourth, find a roofer who is fully committed to doing a quality job on every single roof they work on.
5. Great rates. Lastly, make sure that the roofer you hire has great rates to offer you. This doesn’t mean that you should simply start with the least expensive company and hire them, but rather means that you shouldn’t overpay when you don’t have to. There are plenty of great roofing companies that do quality work who won’t overcharge you. Find one of them.