Looking for an ortodoncista can be a very stressful experience. For starters, when you’re looking for an orthodontist it means that you have something wrong with your teeth that you need to get fixed. There’s just something about there being something wrong with your teeth that tends to get people stressed out. Most people hate going to the dentist, so they generally also hate having to go to the orthodontist. However, it’s not just the stress of having to see an orthodontist. It’s also the anxiety-filled time that it takes to actually find one. As you might have guessed, orthodontists do pretty well for themselves, which means there are lots of them in every major city. Trying to find the one that you’re going to enjoy working with the most can be rather difficult, especially when all of them are doing everything they can to convince you that they’re the right choice.
Fortunately, there are a few things that you can look for that should help you identify the best ortodoncistas in your city from the worst ones. Stick to this list of five things and you shouldn’t have any problems at all.
1. Experience. You can never go with an orthodontist who hasn’t been working in their field for a very long time. With so many experienced orthodontists to choose from, it simply doesn’t make any sense to go with one that’s not. The experienced orthodontists have seen it all and they know what to do to resolve your dental issues, no matter your particular situation. They also know about all of the different ways in which they can help you straighten your teeth, from Invisalign to traditional braces. Stick with the experienced orthodontists.
2. Great reputation. Second, you should make sure that the orthodontist that you go with has a strong reputation, both among their past clients and among their peers. You should read through their reviews to make sure that their past customers have been satisfied, and you should check to see if they’ve won any awards. The more respected they are the better they are. It’s not a perfect correlation, but it tends to line up.
3. Affordable. Ask to speak with the orthodontist about their rates before you sit down and start going through the procedures. You don’t want to end up owing more money than you can afford. Your teeth are important, but so is your bank account.
4. Kind. It’s always best when you can find an orthodontist who makes you feel welcome. It will help to alleviate your stress.
5. Open and transparent. Try to find an orthodontist who is open and transparent about their rates, what they can do to help you, and how long you should expect to have to wear your braces or Invisalign.
If you’re still having a hard time finding the best orthodontist, go ahead and make an appointment with Mi Sonrisa and Dr. Roberto Carrillo. Easily one of the top ortodoncistas in all of Mexico, you’ll be happy with your decision. There’s no doubt about it.