Back pain can be excruciating and hard to deal with. When it comes to back pain treatments, there are many ways to stop the pain or at least alleviate it for periods of time. However, it is important to know what can cause back pain so that you can try to prevent it from occurring in the first place. Listed here are the top five causes of back pain:
- A strain. The most common causes of back pain include strains in your back. This can include strains in your muscles as well as strains in your ligaments. This can also include muscle spasms. You can prevent strains by avoiding lifting things in the wrong manner as well as avoiding lifting things that are too heavy in the first place.
- A ruptured disc. Another cause of back pain is a ruptured disc. This means that you may have more pressure on your nerves which can lead to back pain when not treated properly by a doctor, neurologist or neurosurgeon.
- Sciatica. You may also have back pain in your lower back due to sciatica, which is a sharp and shooting pain that runs down your leg due to a bulging or herniated disc.
- Arthritis. Arthritis is another common cause of lower back pain.
- Abnormal curving of the spine. If your spine is curved in an unusual manner, then you may experience more back pain than others.
As you can see, there are many different causes of back pain. If you are already experiencing back pain, then you will need to consider ways to alleviate the pain or solve the problem so that you can live a pain free life. There are many options for back pain treatments, including back pain surgery. However, before opting for surgery, you will want to try out all other treatments first. There are many different conservative methods of treatment that may work for you.
The first step to handling your back pain is to see a doctor who can assess your situation and your pain. They may send you to either a neurologist or a neurosurgeon pending on the cause of your back pain. Back pain treatments can involve many factors and a neurologist or neurosurgeon can help you find the right treatments. If you see a neurologist, then you still may be referred to a neurosurgeon over time. Don’t be scared to see a neurosurgeon, it doesn’t mean that you will have to have surgery! In fact, neurosurgeons are trained to find all options available that don’t require surgery before opting for surgery. Back pain surgery can also include minimally invasive procedures as well.
If you are looking for the right neurosurgeon to visit, then you need to contact the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in surgical care as well as non surgical care for issues relating to back pain, spine pain, neck pain, and brain treatments. So, give them a call right away and schedule a consultation so that you can find the right steps for treating your back pain!